Moto Tour to Armenia – 9 days
- Arrival at the airport, transfer to the hotel in Yerevan
Overnight: hotel «Silk Road Hotel» in Yerevan
- Ride to Echmiadzin town – the religious center of all Armenians around the world. Here you will have an excursion to Echmiadzin Cathedral (the first official Christian church in the world) and to Hripsime Church.
- The tour continues to the memorial complex “Sardarapat” which is an architectural complex erected on the site of the Sardarapat battle and commemorating the victory over the Turkish army by Armenians in 1918.
- Ride to Gyumri – the second-largest city of Armenia
The length of the route – 170 km (20 km normal asphalt / the rest is middle broken asphalt)
Overnight: hotel «Villa Kars» in Gyumri
- Departure from Gyumri to the Monastery of Marmashen which belongs to X-XIII centuries. The monastery is an outstanding example of medieval architecture.
- Ride to Alaverdi town where you will have dinner at “Flora” estaurant
- Excursion to the monasteries of Haghpat and Sanahin which are included in the list of UNESCO heritage.
The length of the route – 160 km (30 km badly broken asphalt/ 1 km ground / 75 km middle broken asphalt / 55 km good asphalt)
Overnight: hotel «Kefo» in Haghpat
- Excursion to the monastery of Odzun belonging to the VI-th century
- Ride through Vanadzor to the town of Dilijan known for its healing, filled with pine aromas air. Here you will have an excursion to the monastery of Goshavank located near the town in the forest.
The length of the route – 150 km (60 km bad broken asphalt / 50 km middle broken asphalt / 40 good asphalt)
Overnight: hotel «Best Western» in Dilijan
- The day will start with the visit to Lake Sevan. You will climb the high hill, where proudly stands the monastery of Sevanavank. It offers a breathtaking view to the lake and the surrounding beauties.
- Excursion to Ayravank Monastery located just along the southwest shores of Lake Sevan.
- The next excursion will be to the fortress of Berdkunk
- Ride to Selim Pass where in ancient times passed the famous Great Silk Road. Here is located Selim Caravanserai built to accommodate weary travelers and their animals as they crossed the pass.
- Stop in Hermon
The length of the route – 160 km (157 km normal asphalt / 3 km ground)
Overnight: hotel «Lucy Tour» in Hermon
- You will drive by picturesque road through beautiful villages of Karmrashen and Herher.
- Stop in the town of Jermuk which is the most famous recreational area in Armenia and much of the country’s mineral water comes from there.
The length of the route – 65 km (30 km normal asphalt / 35 km ground)
Overnight: hotel «Nairi» in Jermuk
- Excursion to the Tatev Monastery, which stands on the edge of a deep gorge of the River Vorotan. You can get the monastery by the cable way which was officially recorded by Guinness World Records as the longest cable car in the world.
- The next destination is Goris town surrounded by tremendous forests. The town offers a great panoramic view from the top.
- Excursion to Khndzoresk Cave town located near Goris. The town is formed by picturesque rock formations and ancient cave settlements.
- Return to Goris for an overnight
The length of the route – 160 km (125 middle broken asphalt / 30 km good asphalt / 6 km ground)
Overnight: hotel «Mirhav» in Goris
- Drive to Vedi that is a town in Ararat Province, which was settled since Urartian period. This town is famous for its wine “Vernashen”.
- Excursion to Areni Caves located in Areni village in the southern part of Armenia. In 2008, due to the archeological excavations, the oldest shoe and the oldest winery in the world were found in these caves.
- Return to Yerevan
The length of the route – 240 km (225 km middle broken asphalt / 115 km normal asphalt)
Overnight: hotel «Silk Road Hotel» in Yerevan
- Transfer to the airport and departure
|Tour price includes:|
- Transfer to/from the airport
- Accommodation in the hotel for 8 nights
- Meals: full board
- Bike Yamaha 660 XT rental
- Bike insurance
- Backup vehicle and driver
- English speaking guide
- All entrance fees
|Tour price doesn’t include:|
- Fuel (around 65 EUR for tour)
- Motorbike damage deposit (250 EUR)
Required clothing and equipment
|Clothing and personal equipment||Special motorbike clothing||Personal first aid kit|
- Sweatpants made of thick material
- A warm sweater
- Headgear or helmet
- Dust mask
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Pocket flashlight
- Pocketknife or opener
- Motorbike boots
- Motorbike jacket warm (leather or textile)
- Warm gloves
- Glasses, helmet (required)
- Moisturizing Lip Balm
- Broad-spectrum antibiotic
- Imodium Intetriks
Guaranteed Tour Dates 2017
August 24 – September 1