Duration: 31 Dec 2016 - 05 Jan 2017
Price: 318 EURBook Now!
New Year Group Tour to Armenia – 7 days
Day 1 – 30 Dec
- Arrival in “Zvartnots” international airport, transfer to the hotel.
- Free day to enjoy Yerevan festive atmosphere, stroll in the city center decorated with lights, visit Christmas bazaar on the North Avenue. This day you will have last chance to visit one of the museums of Yerevan as for the next days they will be closed.
Day 2 – 31 Dec
- Trip to the Holy See Echmiadzin, the holy city for all Armenians all over the world.Here the first Christian church was founded in the 4th century. You will visit Church of Saint Hripsime Virgin of
- Visit to the church of Saint Hripsime
- Tour continues to Mother Cathedral and ruins of Zvartnots temple.
- Return to Yerevan
Day 3 – 1 Jan
Day 4 – 2 Jan
- Visit to Geghard Cave Monastery located in the Azat River Canyon. The legend says the Holy Spear which pierced Jesus’s body was kept here. This monastery got its name from the word spear – “geghard” in Armenian. Geghard Monastery along with Canyon and cave dwellings is listed in UNESCO world heritage site.
- Trip continues to Garni Pagan temple of the 1st century, the only preserved in the Caucasus region.
- Lunch in the family run restaurant in Garni village (optional around €10 per person). Here you will take a short master class of Armenian national bread (lavash) baking in the ground oven, named tonir.
- In the evening you will return to Yerevan.
Day 5 – 3 Jan
- City tour around Yerevan
- Visit to Parajanov House Museum, the greatest Armenian film maker and one of the favorites of Federico Fellini. Being imprisoned in Soviet times Parajanov made many compositions of recycled materials. His astonishing works made from glass, wood, metal, fabrics, papers are worth to see.
- The tour continues to Megerian Carpet factory. This factory belongs to Megerian Family living in New York. They wave Armenian style natural colored carpets and have large collection of ancient ones bought from all over the world.
Day 6 – 4 Jan
- Morning drive to Tsaghkadzor ski resort, you will have a chance to take a ski lift and give a try to ski a bit (optional € 4 ski lift). Visit Kecharis monastery of 13th century in Tsakhkadzor.
- Trip continues to the highest freshwater lake in the world, Lake Sevan at 1900 m. above the sea. Walk upstairs to Sevanavank Monastery on the hilltop located on the peninsula. You will be rewarded by breathtaking views over the lake and surrounded mountains.
- Evening back to Yerevan to enjoy one of the calm evenings of Yerevan, where you can take very safe walk whole night. Many bars, pubs, restaurants are open in the evening to welcome their guests.
Day 7 – 5 Jan
- Transfer to airport and departure.
The cost of the tour – 318 EUR per person
Single supplement – 130 EUR
|The price includes:|
- Airport / hotel / airport individual transfer
- All transfers in high standard vehicles (depending on group size)
- Accommodation for 6 nights
- English speaking guide service for trip days
- Entrance tickets
|The price doesn’t include:|
- New year dinner (can be booked at additional 130 EUR per person)
We offer the most affordable prices for tours to Armenia! Book now!