Avan Dzoraget Hotel is situated 160 km north from Yerevan. The main building was built in 2004. Avan Dzoraget Hotel is designed to evoke the historical romance and excitement associated with the medieval Armenian castle. Its exterior is made of basalt stone, Armenian culture permeates the hotel, from the courtyard’s sculpture of Taurus whose legs and sides are adorned with images from Armenian folktales to the pre-medieval Armenian script decorating the walls around the lobby to the arched doorways throughout the property.
Avan Dzoraget Hotel sits along Debed River, nestled among the forest-covered hills and rocky slope of mountains.
The Avan Dzoraget Restaurant is interwoven with a bar and lounge. Guests can choose to dine in the opulent interior or on a large themed terrace overlooking the Debed River.
Avan Dzoraget’s facilities include Conference Rooms, complete with secretarial services and computerized communications, a Fitness Centre, a swimming pool and a hot tub, sauna, children’s room and massage service. There is also a souvenir shop.
- Breathtaking views and luxury rooms
- Exquisite 55-room resort, including suites and a presidential room
- Located in Lori Province, on the main road to the Georgian Capital of Tbilisi, the entrance of the hotel lies beside the rushing Debed River. Spectacular mountains surround the hotel.
- Indoor swimming pool and hot tub, sauna, billiards, gym, children’s room, massage room and conference halls, a separate banquet hall
- Rooms and laundry services
- Historic Sites abound in the vicinity, including the incredibly beautiful Haghpat (a UNESCO heritage site) and Sanahin monasteries
- Avan Dzoraget Restaurant (interwoven with the bar and lounge), overlooking Debed River, featuring open terrace
- Exceptional Armenian and Georgian cuisine made from fresh local ingredients and regional recipes
- Perfect for group gatherings, wedding and baptism celebrations, business retreats or just relaxation.
Useful article – How to choose a hotel in Armenia